Job description: Company Accountant
VN Smiles is looking for a volunteer as a company accountant. You are directly responsible with the day to day running of the company finance.
The Company Accountant is a member of and reports to the Board of Directors, financial reports and bookkeeping.
The Company Accountant is responsible for the overall financial management and day to day bookkeeping of the company. The specific tasks of the position include :
1) Financial Strategy : Responsible for reviewing company financial strategy, and making recommendations to the Board where appropriate.
2) Financial Accounting : Responsible for producing and analysing year end financial accounts; liaising with the company's auditors, production of statutory accounts and lodgement of the company's taxation return.
3) Management Accounting : Responsible for producing annual budgets and five year rolling estimates, quarterly management accounts and ad-hoc reports as required.
4) Accounting Systems : Responsible for reviewing, updating and implementing existing internal accounting systems and introducing new systems and controls where appropriate.
5) Accounting Software : Responsible for maintaining computerised accounting software, ensuring the provision of adequate third party support for the software and upgrading the software where appropriate.
6) Expenditure Control : Responsible for monitoring all company expenditure and where appropriate making recommendations to individuals and teams responsible for budgets.
7) General Ledger : Responsible for maintaining the General Ledger; setting up new accounts and cost centres when required; ensuring reconciliation of control accounts; ensuring correct allocation of expenditure to cost centres.
8) Banking : Responsible for managing of all company bank accounts including company credit cards; ensuring adequate funds are available to meet expenditure requirements; ensuring excess funds are earning a reasonable rate of return; liaising on a regular basis with the company's bankers.
1) Good verbal and written presentation skills.
2) Ability to work independently and on own initiative, within a team environment.
3) Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
4) Willingness to work in a co-operative environment.
1) A recognised accountancy qualification.
2) Broad commercial awareness.
3) Ability to develop new accounting systems and improve existing ones.
4) Experience of report writing.
5) Experience of preparation for year-end audit
6) Exposure to not-for-profit / co-operative / charitable sector
If you are interested, email to Viet Anh Vu – Director on email@example.com or via mobile on +61 449 809 699.